Vue Torbay announces reopening date - in time for blockbuster Tenet
- Credit: Archant
Vue Torbay will be reopening its doors in time for one of this year's most hotly anticipated blockbusters, Tenet.
The decision to reopen the Paignton seafront cinema follows the successful re-opening of 10 sites across the UK.
Tickets are on sale now for Christopher Nolan's latest sci-fi action spectacle, arriving on the big screen at all Vue sites on the opening day of Vue Torbay - Wednesday, August 26.
Vue plans to bring a number of fan-favourite films back to the big screen, with tickets on sale soon, including the Harry Potter series, La La Land and classics such as Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
Vue has focused on five key areas to ensure customers can enjoy the cinema as safely as possible:
• online booking is encouraged to make visits as contactless as possible. Tickets can be accessed on smartphones and will be scanned before entering the screen, allowing you to skip the queue.
• enhanced cleaning protocols and employee PPE are in place. This includes disinfecting every screen between each screening and hand sanitiser stations available throughout venues. Staff will be equipped with PPE to protect themselves and customers.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 7 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Saker's return sparks Barton's thrashing of Seaton
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much
• physical distancing meeting Government guidelines has been built into the booking system so that customers in one booking are automatically seated apart from others
• reduced touch points at venues through foyers and into screens. Contactless payments up to the value of £45 and Apple Pay and Google Pay will be accepted and encouraged at till points
• staggered film times will be implemented to maintain physical distancing and reduce the number of people at any one time in foyers and corridors.
Danny Morrissey, general manager at Vue Torbay, said: 'We're really pleased to be preparing to reopen our cinema once again and we look forward to welcoming film fans back soon.
'We've been working hard to ensure our site here in Torbay meets safety protocols in line with the latest government guidance.'
All safety measures will also be clearly signposted at the entrances and throughout the building, and will be in line with Government guidance.
Customers will be required to wear a face covering during their visit, although this can be removed to consume food and drink. Customers will also be required to take part in the Test and Trace initiative to help keep themselves and others safe.
Vue's team will also have two full days of extensive training ahead of reopening on these protocols. On hand will be the newly established safety team ready to welcome customers back in, explain the new procedures and answer any questions.
Danny added: 'We want film-lovers in Torbay and surrounding areas to know that the quality of our viewing experience remains unchanged and customers will continue to enjoy the best audio and picture quality in big screen entertainment, especially with the upcoming release of hotly anticipated titles such as Tenet. We hope film-fans are excited as us at the return of the big screen where films like this are supposed to be seen.'