Touring shows bringing great music to Torbay
- Credit: Submitted
Babbacombe Theatre hosts two touring shows - Cloneplay tomorrow and Legends of Swing with The Down for the Count Swing Orchestra next Friday.
Cloneplay - formerly known as Viva La Coldplay - recreate the complete anthology of Martin, Buckland, Berryman and Champion for one night only at the Babbacombe Theatre tomorrow (Friday, October 1) at 7.30pm.
Cloneplay brings an evening of hits and favourite album tracks from the one and only: Coldplay.
The audience will experience the passion and recreation of many of the band's biggest songs and lesser played but equally loved album tracks from the bands 20 years at the very top of the charts.
With songs covering every album from Parachutes to Everyday Life, including: 'Yellow', 'Charlie Brown', 'Viva La Vida' and 'Clocks', this is a must see show for every Coldplay fan.
Meanwhile, join the Down for the Count Swing Orchestra for 'one hellova celebration of vintage music' as they celebrate the Legends of Swing at the Babbacombe Theatre on Friday, October 8, at 7.30pm.
Down for the Count are a mini big band with an electrifying show full of incredible energy and musicianship.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 4 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 7 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 8 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 9 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 10 Artist William comes out from 'hiding' for exhibition
Described as 'a breath of fresh air on the swing scene', they are now regularly found at jazz clubs in the UK and abroad, at festivals including and London Jazz Festival, and on BBC Radio.
The band recreate classic tunes from the Swing Era, but this is no mere nostalgia trip – the band perform each song in their own unmistakeable style, breathing new life into the best vintage music.
Combine that with the band’s top class instrumental solos, sublime vocal performances, and irresistible humour and joie de vivre, and you get a show that will leave you feeling uplifted and wanting more.
Their new album, “Swing That Music”, features the music of the big bands of the 1930s and 1940s - expect to hear songs from the likes of Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Count Basie and Glenn Miller, and classics from singers such as Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and Nat ‘King’ Cole.
To book your tickets for either, or both, of these concerts, contact the box office on 01803 328385 or go to www.babbacombe-theatre.com