‘Tis the season to be jolly... and TOADS' play ticks all the boxes
- Credit: Brian Tilley
The Christmas decorations are twinkling their theatre magic - and the second TOADS season play this year is all set and ready to conjure up some festive fun.
‘Tis the season to be jolly... and this classic play is certain to tick all the boxes.
With a superb view of the stage from every seat in the 240-capacity auditorium, you won’t miss a trick during this classic production of The Ladykillers at TOADS Little Theatre in St Marks Road, Meadfoot, Torquay.
Mrs Wilberforce, a sweet little old lady, rents out a room in her lopsided house to Marcus, a professor of music.
She is blissfully unaware he is actually a maniacal criminal who is putting together a gang of misfits who will stop at nothing to commit the heist of their careers. Chaos ensues!
The play is based on the iconic Ealing Studios film first shown in 1955 with among others Alec Guinness, Herbert Lom and Peter Sellars in the cast.
As always, the set and lighting at the theatre are impressive and professional.
- 1 Property of the Week: Stunning seaside holiday let property
- 2 Great win on the road for United
- 3 Torquay United under-18s triumph over league leaders
- 4 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
- 5 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 6 Saluting top man 'Skivvo' as he announces he's leaving the Glovers
- 7 Tribute to talented artist and craftswoman Mandy, who brought out the best in those she taught
- 8 Afghan refugee family move to Torbay after delays
- 9 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 10 Solar farms are power to council's elbow but don't forget the Gulls - and the archers!
Director Anna Reynolds, who is delighted with her cast, said: "I directed this once before at The Little Theatre in 2008 and the committee has allowed me to have another go, much to my joy. And what a joy it’s been.
"I can honestly say that we have all laughed all the way through the rehearsals… a good sign I feel.
"This is an opportunity to introduce four new actors to our membership namely Nick Hewlett, Edd Williams and Eduardo Galeano, not to mention probably the star of the play, General Gordon the parrot, beautifully played by Collette Velarde.
"We all so thrilled to be back in the theatre as I’m sure you are. We’re determined to smile and carry on!’"
Why not enjoy a relaxing drink in the bar, or coffee lounge which are both open from 6.30pm before this brilliant show begins at 7.30pm. Interval drinks and bar (only) open after the show. Parking is free!
The Ladykillers by Graham Lineham and directed by Anna Reynolds runs from Monday, December 13 to Saturday, December 18, at 7.30pm with a matinee on Saturday 18 only at 2.30pm. For tickets, call the box office on 01803 299 330 or book online at www.toadstheatre.co.uk