Theatre pulls out all the stops with show that sparkles from start to finish
- Credit: Babbacombe Theatre
Venue: Babbacombe Theatre, Torquay
This all-new seasonal show at Babbacombe Theatre has the perfect blend of comedy, song and dance to treat audiences to a spectacle of sheer razzamatazz.
SuperStars sparkles from start to finish with gorgeous costumes, fine singers, great choreography and plenty of chuckles in the mix.
Despite setbacks due to the pandemic, this little local theatre has pulled out all the stops to ensure it offers a real tonic with entertainment that will guarantee to lift your spirits.
The production team has jumped through hoops and overcame obstacles to retain their youngest performers – Kidz & Co - and when encountering unexpected cast changes, they ensured talented replacements who more than fit the bill.
As they say, “the show must go on”, and it certainly did with gusto.
- 1 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 2 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 3 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 6 Unlocking the genetic secrets of Kents Cavern’s Ice Age horses
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 9 Green Spaces: A place to grow for Torbay trees
- 10 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
The cast’s energy was truly infectious and the audience was swept along with plenty of arm-waving, singing and even whistling to keep everyone engaged.
Compere Steve Laister kept the pace with his slick comedy capers and teamed up perfectly with Paul Cobley and Wayne Martin in a number of sketches which had many of the audience crying tears of laughter.
Providing the “aah factor” were young rising stars Lacey Stevens, Lola Gay and Natalia Everett, who made up the blue team of Kidz & Co.
Their undaunted performance of A Million Dreams, from the popular musical The Greatest Showman, showed real courage and revealed beautiful voices.
If you’re looking for a glittering, star-spangled night out at the theatre, be sure to catch SuperStars at the Babbacombe Theatre in Torquay.
The show continues every Tuesday and Wednesday until October 20.