A glimpse of popular Torbay spots in times past
- Credit: Torquay Museum
Torbay in its mid-20th century glory - these pictures are from Torquay Museum's archive.
They show our Bay as it was but all of the familiar spots are instantly recognisable.
The Imperial Hotel looks majestic, as goes the Grand Hotel. Nearby Kings Gardens boating lake is caught on camera too.
The now-closed Redgate Beach was one of the best and busiest beaches in Torbay. Today's picture shows bathers arriving by boats to enjoy the cove.
Images of the ever-popular Babbacombe Downs and Brixham are both featured.
The images were among those presented to Torquay Museum by Torre Abbey in the 1980s.
- 1 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 2 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 8 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 9 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 10 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart