A glimpse of popular Torbay spots in times past
- Credit: Torquay Museum
Torbay in its mid-20th century glory - these pictures are from Torquay Museum's archive.
They show our Bay as it was but all of the familiar spots are instantly recognisable.
The Imperial Hotel looks majestic, as goes the Grand Hotel. Nearby Kings Gardens boating lake is caught on camera too.
The now-closed Redgate Beach was one of the best and busiest beaches in Torbay. Today's picture shows bathers arriving by boats to enjoy the cove.
Images of the ever-popular Babbacombe Downs and Brixham are both featured.
The images were among those presented to Torquay Museum by Torre Abbey in the 1980s.
- 1 Latest twist in the National League race
- 2 Vince to lead way for Devon tourism
- 3 'Earring aid' pair are inspiring sister act!
- 4 Alfresco touch to eating down on the farm
- 5 Dean and pals sign up for toughest row across Atlantic
- 6 Captain Asa 'would give anything' to lead Gulls to promotion
- 7 Why you should neuter your cat - male or female
- 8 I'd like to thank the people of Paignton for backing Cat
- 9 Fish of the month competition has a winner
- 10 Fans can return to Plainmoor