Babbacombe Theatre set for Pink Floyd tribute band complete with light show
- Credit: Submitted
Pink Floyd tribute band The Darkside of Pink Floyd are set to appear at Babbacombe Theatre on October 16.
The band, who entertain audiences with a fantastic light show and passionate performances, are a regular feature at major national music venues, festivals and theatres.
They were also the first band to play a live public performance inside the prehistoric caves of Torquay's Kents Cavern and they’ve had numerous sell-out concerts deep underground at Carnglaze Caverns, Cornwall, as part of their highly acclaimed ‘Echoes of the Past’ tour.
The band are regulars at the World’s Biggest and Best Tribute Festival, having played, and headlined in 2018, to capacity crowds at Glastonbudget for six years.
They have also headlined at BMAD, the Torbay music and motorbike festival, and were nominated as best tribute act in the Southwest Music Awards.
Sadly, all festivals and concerts in 2020 and early 2021 never happened but since June, the band have been thrilled to be able to perform in front of audiences again and Babbacombe Theatre is certainly looking forward to welcoming the band back on its stage!
The Darkside of Pink Floyd are at the Babbacombe Theatre on Saturday, October 16, at 7.30pm. Tickets are on sale from the box office on 01803 328385 or via the website www.babbacombe-theatre.com
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 3 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 6 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 9 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 10 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star