Babbacombe Theatre: Motown magic for one night only
- Credit: Submitted
A show billed as 'jam packed with sweet soul music and Motown magic' is coming to the Babbacombe Theatre for one night only.
William Hicks’ American Four Tops will be on stage on Saturday, September 4, at 7.30pm.
Starring Atlanta Georgia-born William Hicks, the production promises to leave audiences dancing and chanting for more as the hits of one of Motown Records’ most successful groups are revived live on stage.
Gladys Knight, after working with William, is known to have said: "He and the band are a pleasure to work with."
William said: “Be prepared for some high-stepping choreography and superb vocal harmonies presented with all the glitz of Vegas!”
William pledges to take theatregoers right back to the old school having played the Atlanta Stadium on the same bill as Gladys Knight and the original Four Tops and Temptations.
All the Four Tops’ hits feature including Reach Out I’ll Be There, Baby I Need Your Loving, I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie), Standing In The Shadow, Bernadette, Walk Away Renee and Loco In Acapulco as well as the songs of The Temptations, Drifters, Miracles, Platters, Stylistics, Smokey Robinson, Ben E King and many more.
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 5 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 6 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 7 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 8 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 9 Austins battle through Spanish flu, World War Two and now pandemic but boss David says: 'Now is our Time'
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
Tickets are on sale at www.babbacoombe-theatre.com or call the box office on 01803 328385.