Babbacombe Theatre: Motown magic for one night only
- Credit: Submitted
A show billed as 'jam packed with sweet soul music and Motown magic' is coming to the Babbacombe Theatre for one night only.
William Hicks’ American Four Tops will be on stage on Saturday, September 4, at 7.30pm.
Starring Atlanta Georgia-born William Hicks, the production promises to leave audiences dancing and chanting for more as the hits of one of Motown Records’ most successful groups are revived live on stage.
Gladys Knight, after working with William, is known to have said: "He and the band are a pleasure to work with."
William said: “Be prepared for some high-stepping choreography and superb vocal harmonies presented with all the glitz of Vegas!”
William pledges to take theatregoers right back to the old school having played the Atlanta Stadium on the same bill as Gladys Knight and the original Four Tops and Temptations.
All the Four Tops’ hits feature including Reach Out I’ll Be There, Baby I Need Your Loving, I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie), Standing In The Shadow, Bernadette, Walk Away Renee and Loco In Acapulco as well as the songs of The Temptations, Drifters, Miracles, Platters, Stylistics, Smokey Robinson, Ben E King and many more.
- 1 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 2 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 3 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Unlocking the genetic secrets of Kents Cavern’s Ice Age horses
- 6 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 9 Green Spaces: A place to grow for Torbay trees
- 10 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
Tickets are on sale at www.babbacoombe-theatre.com or call the box office on 01803 328385.