Little Theatre gallops into action with Ladies' Day
- Credit: Brian Tilley
And they’re under starters orders at TOADS Little Theatre.
Taking the reins and keeping the show in order is Mary Singleton, director, who is first past the post when it comes to backing a brilliant play with the first TOADS Season Production this year - Ladies’ Day by Amanda Whittington.
It is a well-crafted comedy with truth at its heart.
And it’s in the running to have you laughing and sometimes crying, as the Little Theatre stage gallops into action once again.
The play is about something most people can relate to in some way: work, love and life.
And, for the four fish-filleting employees, Pearl, Jan, Shelly and Linda whom the play is based on, working in a fish factory is certainly one long, hard slog, and their lives and loves anything but easy.
But their fortunes are set to change when Linda finds tickets to Ladies’ Day, the year Royal Ascot was moved to York Racecourse.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 4 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 7 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 8 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 9 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 10 Artist William comes out from 'hiding' for exhibition
Off come the hairnets, overalls and wellies as the four friends doll themselves up to the nines and head off to the races.
The play has been given many accolades and it has been said that ‘with its Yorkshire heart and soul it has all the warmth of a Calendar Girls or a Full Monty’.
And TOADS Theatre Company extends a warm welcome to all audiences and visitors, not only this production, but to all productions throughout the year.
With its extensive facilities, including bar, coffee shop and free parking, TOADS is champing at the bit to bring you the very best in local entertainment.
There will be no social distancing in place but hand sanitiser etc will be available, as per current recommendations - our aim is to provide a safe and welcoming environment and we look forward to welcoming you to TOADS Little Theatre.
Ladies’ Day by Amanda Whittington is at Little Theatre, Torquay, from October 4 to 9, at 7.30pm with a matinee on Saturday October 9 only at 2.30pm. For tickets, call the box office on 01803 299330 or online at www.toadstheatre.co.uk