Hit musical set to rock Torbay audiences
- Credit: Submitted
The global hit musical School of Rock is coming to Torbay.
Based on the iconic movie starring Jack Black, wannabe rock star Dewey Finn is cast out by his dive‐bar bandmates and finds himself in desperate need of cash.
Posing as a substitute music teacher at an elite prep school, he exposes his students to the rock gods he idolises, transforming them into a mind‐blowing rock band.
While teaching these pint‐sized prodigies what it means to truly rock out, Dewey falls for the school’s beautiful, but uptight headmistress, Miss Mullins, helping her rediscover the wild child within.
But, will they all find redemption at the battle of the bands?
Featuring 14 new songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber, all the original songs from the movie, and a band of insanely talented kids that play live every show, School of Rock promises to 'warm your heart and blow you away in equal measure'.
See School of Rock at Torquay's Princess Theatre from Tuesday, November 30, until Saturday, December 4. For tickets, see www.atgtickets.com/venues/princess-theatre-torquay
- 1 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 4 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 7 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 8 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 9 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 10 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award