Brick safari proves major attraction at Paignton Zoo
- Credit: Archant
Paignton Zoo is now home to more than 80 superb wild animal creations made from thousands of Lego bricks and they will stay in residence until next year.
The Great Big Brick Safari forms a trail throughout the zoo and guests can follow the route with a specially-designed safari map.
The brick safari allows visitors to search the zoo grounds and exhibits to try and spot all the models... come face-to-face with a life-sized lion, gorilla, hyenas, kangaroos and much more.
The Lego big cat model is made from more than 50,000 bricks and took 400 hours to build.
The Great Big Brick Safari has only been open for a week and the reaction from visitors has been fantastic: 'I've seen them all and they are absolutely fantastic', 'The little cubs were cute too', 'We had a great time finding all the brick animals. My son was so happy to find a penguin' and 'These are amazing. I love the little like the insects.'
Paignton Zoo is encouraging visitors to take selfies with the safari models and send into their website for a chance to win the monthly photo competition taken alongside or in front of one of the models.
The safari is included in the zoo entry price.
- 1 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 2 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 7 Family home in popular residential area
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 10 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay
Meanwhile, Paignton Zoo continues to be the subject of an outpouring of support with donations from businesses and individuals to ensure the zoo is here for generations to come.
Any fundraising will be gratefully received and you can join the Torbay Weekly in helping to Save the Zoo. Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.