Fundraiser braves weather for charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid fundraiser Ann Whitehouse has been back out on the road to raise more money for charity.
In pouring rain and high winds, Ann donned waterproofs and walking shoes and set out for Goodrington Sands from the centre of Torquay to raise cash for the Torbay Timebank and Ageing Well Torbay.
She raised just over £100 from family and friends.
'I am grateful for the all the hard work that goes into the Timebank and Ageing Well that I wanted to give something back,' said the retired Torbay Hospital worker.
Ann, from Pendennis Road, Hele, has raised thousands of pounds for charity over the years and has banked more than 1,000 hours through her work with Timebank. She even staged her 70th birthday celebration using Timebank credits while raising more money for charity at the Windmill Centre two years ago.
Learn more about Torbay Timebank at www.torbaytogether.org.uk and the work of Ageing Well Torbay at www.ageingwelltorbay.com
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Charity walk was 'eye-opening experience'
- 6 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 7 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip