Fundraiser braves weather for charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid fundraiser Ann Whitehouse has been back out on the road to raise more money for charity.
In pouring rain and high winds, Ann donned waterproofs and walking shoes and set out for Goodrington Sands from the centre of Torquay to raise cash for the Torbay Timebank and Ageing Well Torbay.
She raised just over £100 from family and friends.
'I am grateful for the all the hard work that goes into the Timebank and Ageing Well that I wanted to give something back,' said the retired Torbay Hospital worker.
Ann, from Pendennis Road, Hele, has raised thousands of pounds for charity over the years and has banked more than 1,000 hours through her work with Timebank. She even staged her 70th birthday celebration using Timebank credits while raising more money for charity at the Windmill Centre two years ago.
Learn more about Torbay Timebank at www.torbaytogether.org.uk and the work of Ageing Well Torbay at www.ageingwelltorbay.com
- 1 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 2 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 3 NL suspension is out of the question
- 4 We will need sport more than ever if and when we ever escape this dreadful pandemic
- 5 Midfield decisions for Torquay United
- 6 Widow Joan, 87, tells anti-vaxxers: 'Don't be silly'
- 7 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 8 New owners plan takeaway menu until Paignton cafe can open
- 9 Contemporary house on exclusive development
- 10 Mum Abi battles through tough times thanks to her children - and writing