Fundraiser braves weather for charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid fundraiser Ann Whitehouse has been back out on the road to raise more money for charity.
In pouring rain and high winds, Ann donned waterproofs and walking shoes and set out for Goodrington Sands from the centre of Torquay to raise cash for the Torbay Timebank and Ageing Well Torbay.
She raised just over £100 from family and friends.
'I am grateful for the all the hard work that goes into the Timebank and Ageing Well that I wanted to give something back,' said the retired Torbay Hospital worker.
Ann, from Pendennis Road, Hele, has raised thousands of pounds for charity over the years and has banked more than 1,000 hours through her work with Timebank. She even staged her 70th birthday celebration using Timebank credits while raising more money for charity at the Windmill Centre two years ago.
Learn more about Torbay Timebank at www.torbaytogether.org.uk and the work of Ageing Well Torbay at www.ageingwelltorbay.com
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 10 Saker's return sparks Barton's thrashing of Seaton