Fundraiser braves weather for charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid fundraiser Ann Whitehouse has been back out on the road to raise more money for charity.
In pouring rain and high winds, Ann donned waterproofs and walking shoes and set out for Goodrington Sands from the centre of Torquay to raise cash for the Torbay Timebank and Ageing Well Torbay.
She raised just over £100 from family and friends.
'I am grateful for the all the hard work that goes into the Timebank and Ageing Well that I wanted to give something back,' said the retired Torbay Hospital worker.
Ann, from Pendennis Road, Hele, has raised thousands of pounds for charity over the years and has banked more than 1,000 hours through her work with Timebank. She even staged her 70th birthday celebration using Timebank credits while raising more money for charity at the Windmill Centre two years ago.
Learn more about Torbay Timebank at www.torbaytogether.org.uk and the work of Ageing Well Torbay at www.ageingwelltorbay.com
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 9 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 10 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia