A cracker of a show with all the trimmings
- Credit: Babbacombe Theatre
Review: Step Into Christmas
Venue: Babbacombe Theatre, Torquay
This sparkling show delivers non-stop festive frolics from start to finish, leaving its audience feeling truly in seasonal high spirits.
With gorgeous costumes, superb vocalists, lively dancers and some cheeky comedy too, it conjures up enough Christmas cheer to warm up any winter’s evening.
The magic comes from the out-standing singers – Harriet Loveridge, Claire Waring and Paul Fordham – whose harmonies blend perfectly, especially with the addition of bright-eyed dancer/singer Lucy Samuels in the Jingle Bells number, which even Mr Bublé himself would be proud of.
The Dance Fantastique troupe really “let go” in a Frozen contemporary ballet to open the second half which is a delight to watch.
Sprinkling comedy throughout is regular headliner Andy Oakley who is joined by impressionist Phil Lowen. Between them they provide plenty of chuckles, despite not always hitting the mark in today’s “PC” standards.
- 1 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 2 Devon beaches producing a healthy catch
- 3 Johnson looking to turn around the "mess"
- 4 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 5 Jim Parker: Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 6 Part Two of the famous Gents bus and Beacon Down becomes Broken Down!
- 7 Torbay's green spaces go wild
- 8 Picture special: Sunrise in Torquay
- 9 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 10 Driving home for Christmas - but plan ahead to minimise problems
Having said that, Andy, as Mrs Brown, must be commended with his spotless rendition of The Mom and Phil really turns heads as Tom Jones, with a great voice to boot.
This is a cracker of a show which ticks all of the boxes for variety plus all the festive trimmings. Step Into Christmas runs every Wednesday until December 22, then Boxing Day, December 28 and New Year’s Day.
For more information and to book tickets call 01803 328385 or visit www.babbacombe-theatre.com