Jake's getting band back together for School of Rock
- Credit: Submitted
Jake Sharp is getting the band back together for the global hit musical School of Rock in Torbay.
Andrew Lloyd-Webber's smash hit West End and Broadway musical is at the Princess Theatre at the end of the year.
Jake will lead the cast as Dewey Finn, having previously performed the role in the West End. Alex Tomkins will perform in the role at certain performances.
They are joined by Rebecca Lock, Matthew Rowland and Nadia Violet Johnson. The remaining adult cast comprise Ryan Bearpark, James Bisp, Joanna O'Hare, Samuel Haughton, Tom Hext, Harveen Mann, Richard Morse, Annell Odartey, Amy Oxley, Helena Pipe, Michaela Powell, Richard Vorster and Craig Watson.
Based on the iconic movie starring Jack Black, the musical follows wannabe rock star Dewey Finn, who is cast out by his dive‐bar bandmates and finds himself in desperate need of cash.
Posing as a substitute music teacher at an elite prep school, he exposes his students to the rock gods he idolises, transforming them into a mind‐blowing rock band.
While teaching the pint‐sized prodigies what it means to truly rock, Dewey falls for the school’s beautiful, but uptight headmistress, Miss Mullins, helping her rediscover the wild child within.
- 1 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 2 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 3 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Unlocking the genetic secrets of Kents Cavern’s Ice Age horses
- 6 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 9 Green Spaces: A place to grow for Torbay trees
- 10 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
School of Rock is at Torquay's Princess Theatre from Tuesday, November 30, until Saturday, December 4. For tickets, see www.atgtickets.com/venues/princess-theatre-torquay