Jake's getting band back together for School of Rock
- Credit: Submitted
Jake Sharp is getting the band back together for the global hit musical School of Rock in Torbay.
Andrew Lloyd-Webber's smash hit West End and Broadway musical is at the Princess Theatre at the end of the year.
Jake will lead the cast as Dewey Finn, having previously performed the role in the West End. Alex Tomkins will perform in the role at certain performances.
They are joined by Rebecca Lock, Matthew Rowland and Nadia Violet Johnson. The remaining adult cast comprise Ryan Bearpark, James Bisp, Joanna O'Hare, Samuel Haughton, Tom Hext, Harveen Mann, Richard Morse, Annell Odartey, Amy Oxley, Helena Pipe, Michaela Powell, Richard Vorster and Craig Watson.
Based on the iconic movie starring Jack Black, the musical follows wannabe rock star Dewey Finn, who is cast out by his dive‐bar bandmates and finds himself in desperate need of cash.
Posing as a substitute music teacher at an elite prep school, he exposes his students to the rock gods he idolises, transforming them into a mind‐blowing rock band.
While teaching the pint‐sized prodigies what it means to truly rock, Dewey falls for the school’s beautiful, but uptight headmistress, Miss Mullins, helping her rediscover the wild child within.
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 5 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 6 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 7 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 8 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 9 Austins battle through Spanish flu, World War Two and now pandemic but boss David says: 'Now is our Time'
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
School of Rock is at Torquay's Princess Theatre from Tuesday, November 30, until Saturday, December 4. For tickets, see www.atgtickets.com/venues/princess-theatre-torquay