Your chance to win £1,000 with new Predicta competition
- Credit: Phil Mingo/PPAUK
A new Predicta competition is coming soon for football fans and your chance to take on Torbay Weekly’s chief sportswriter Dave Thomas in a weekly contest.
Once the new season gets underway for Torquay United on October 3, the Predicta game will give people the chance to guess the score in six chosen matches.
These will include the weekend game for the Gulls, the Saturday lunchtime kick-off, three fixtures from the National League and one more big match from across the UK or Europe.
Players can simply sign up for the Predicta and login in each week to be involved.
Three points will be awarded for the correct scoreline and one point for the correct outcome in a game. There will be a weekly tie-breaker question and entry is through www.torbayweekly.co.uk, with a weekly coupon in the paper.
There will be weekly prizes and an ongoing league table for the season prize of £1,000.
And it is all free to play.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 5 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans