Wynter 'looking forward to getting back in the mix'
- Credit: Steve Bond/Pinnacle
Ben Wynter believes that he will return to Torquay United’s promotion-chasing squad physically stronger than when he left it, for a second time in a year.
The Gulls’ Young Player Of The Year is in contention for Saturday’s live TV home game against FC Halifax Town after more than two months out with a hamstring injury.
Wynter missed a similar spell last season with a hip problem and he says: “I thought last year’s injury was long, but this has felt like a longer road.
“I’ve spent a lot of time in the gym and it’s has given me a chance to strengthen my whole body.
“I do feel stronger all round for it, and I hope that helps me over the rest of the season.
“It’s great that the team is still doing well and I’m looking forward to getting back into the mix.”
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships