Wynter 'looking forward to getting back in the mix'
- Credit: Steve Bond/Pinnacle
Ben Wynter believes that he will return to Torquay United’s promotion-chasing squad physically stronger than when he left it, for a second time in a year.
The Gulls’ Young Player Of The Year is in contention for Saturday’s live TV home game against FC Halifax Town after more than two months out with a hamstring injury.
Wynter missed a similar spell last season with a hip problem and he says: “I thought last year’s injury was long, but this has felt like a longer road.
“I’ve spent a lot of time in the gym and it’s has given me a chance to strengthen my whole body.
“I do feel stronger all round for it, and I hope that helps me over the rest of the season.
“It’s great that the team is still doing well and I’m looking forward to getting back into the mix.”
- 1 Injury testing for Danny Wright
- 2 Predicta weekend is a big one for the Gulls
- 3 Our gateway to new future
- 4 Good month for local stables
- 5 Paignton holiday park wins top award for customer service during Covid-19 pandemic
- 6 Dick 'Mr Centrax' Barr dies aged 100
- 7 TW Father Nathan
- 8 Angler Tom braves weather to land superb spotted ray
- 9 Shop local boost for Torbay businesses
- 10 Yes or no - should Torbay Council Tax have to pay more?