Wynter 'looking forward to getting back in the mix'
- Credit: Steve Bond/Pinnacle
Ben Wynter believes that he will return to Torquay United’s promotion-chasing squad physically stronger than when he left it, for a second time in a year.
The Gulls’ Young Player Of The Year is in contention for Saturday’s live TV home game against FC Halifax Town after more than two months out with a hamstring injury.
Wynter missed a similar spell last season with a hip problem and he says: “I thought last year’s injury was long, but this has felt like a longer road.
“I’ve spent a lot of time in the gym and it’s has given me a chance to strengthen my whole body.
“I do feel stronger all round for it, and I hope that helps me over the rest of the season.
“It’s great that the team is still doing well and I’m looking forward to getting back into the mix.”
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much