World champions set for Tour of Britain stage in South Devon
- Credit: PA
At least four world champions, including British ace Mark Cavendish, are in a star-studded field for the Tour of Britain which hits South Devon for an action-packed Stage Two on Monday.
Cavendish, who earned a record-equalling 34th stage victory in this year's Tour de France, will lead the Deceuninck-QuickStep team.
Crack British WorldTour team Ineos Grenadiers have named world time-trial champion Rohan Dennis from Australia, former road king Michal Kwiatkowski (Poland) and popular Aussie Richie Porte.
But top of the bill is Belgian ace Wout van Aert (Team Jumbo-Visma), silver medallist in the recent Olympic Games and one of the biggest all-round talents the sport has seen for years.
After a first-ever day in Cornwall on Sunday, the 184K Stage Two runs from Sherford near Plymouth to Exeter via a circuit of the South Hams, up to Tavistock and over Dartmoor.
Big crowds are expected at Totnes (11.30am), Dartmouth (12.00) and Moretonhampstead (2.30pm).
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 6 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 7 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 8 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 9 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
- 10 Picture special: Torbay beauty spots