Devon Women's Football League dominated by Senior Cup
- Credit: Submitted
The Devon Women's Senior Cup, sponsored by Graddon Vending, dominated the fixtures last Sunday, with only one match taking place in the Joma Devon Women's Football League.
It was in Axminster where the Town ladies hosted the students from the University of Exeter.
The Tigers improved their title chances and boosted their goal difference with a storming 15-0 victory.
Poppy Cloke helped herself to a personal haul of six goals, Chelsea Petherbridge bagged four, Jemma-Marie King hit a hat-trick. with Kirsty Deem-Stone and Mikaela Winkler getting one apiece.
In the Cup, Torquay United were unable to make home advantage count as they were edged out 1-0 by Exeter City Development.
Activate were another travelling side who triumphed, beating Plainmoor Ladies 2-0 in a match that was described as a great advertisement for women's football.
Heidi Davies added a goal to her previous week's hat-trick and Stacey Tonkins scored the other.
- 1 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 2 Devon beaches producing a healthy catch
- 3 Johnson looking to turn around the "mess"
- 4 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 5 Jim Parker: Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 6 Part Two of the famous Gents bus and Beacon Down becomes Broken Down!
- 7 Torbay's green spaces go wild
- 8 Picture special: Sunrise in Torquay
- 9 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 10 Driving home for Christmas - but plan ahead to minimise problems
Two teams battling at the top of the Eastern Division met at Budleigh, where the home side overcame Crediton United 5-3.
Despite Cheyenne Coakley adding two more goals to her season's tally and Leanne Bailey scoring, the Robins earnt their place in the draw for the next round with goals from Kirsty Brown (2), Maisie Smith, Jodie Millett and Connie Buttle.
Lakeside Athletic made the long Journey into unknown territory to play Fremington Ladies and came home on the wrong end of a 13-goal thrashing, losing 13-0.