Have a go for free at Torquay Bowling Club
- Credit: Torquay Bowling Club
Torquay Bowling Club will be holding a weekend ‘Have A Go’ extravaganza - and all are welcome, young or old, male or female, novice or experienced.
Help, guidance, tuition, advice and coaching will be on hand, and bowls (woods) will be available, free of charge from 10am on both Saturday and Sunday, May 15 and 16.
Refreshments, outside only, can be provided, as can inside toilets, including disabled, albeit masks must be worn if these facilities are used, all in accordance with the Covid rules laid down and agreed by the governing body Bowls England in conjunction with the Bowls Development Alliance (BDA).
Club members have been bowling every day since the season opening day on Sunday, April 25, and the bowling green surface is in tip top condition, said a club spokesperson.
While playing, masks need not be worn as it is outdoors, and social distancing is strictly observed, equipment is sanitised before, during and at the end of every session.
Dress code is smart casual. The only hard and fast rule being that flat-soled footwear with no prominent heel must be worn to protect the green surface.
Hot and cold beverages will be available for consumption outside, and seating is provided.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
The club spokesperson said: "Come on down and enjoy the healthy outdoors, the facilities, and meet like-minded people in a safe and secure environment - best of all it’s free!"