Tough matches on this week’s Predicta
- Credit: Archant
It is an international weekend in the football calendar and we’ve set some tough matches for the Predicta competition on www.torbayweekly.co.uk
There is an absolute belter to be played in Lisbon and a repeat of the 2016 European Championships final, as the current champions from Portugal, Cristiano Ronaldo and all that, host World Cup winners France.
We stay on the international stage for a showdown between Switzerland and a Spain team in transition, but still capable of some amazing football.
Torquay United follow up that extraordinary FA Cup defeat to Crawley Town with a home clash against Boreham Wood, plus three more from the National League.
This week’s Predicta – can you beat chief sports writer Dave Thomas?
PORTUGAL v FRANCE - Portugal win 2-1
Both unbeaten, goalless in Paris last time, so something has to give - all set for Ronaldo to deliver.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 3 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
SWITZERLAND v SPAIN - Spain win 2-0
Spain won 1-0 in Madrid, and will be stung by 1-0 defeat in the Ukraine last month - they’ll have too much.
BARNET v BROMLEY - a draw 1-1
Peter Beadle has tightened the Bees’ defence, but both sides are struggling for goals, so another tight one.
CHESTERFIELD v MAIDENHEAD UNITED - Chesterfield win 3-1
Early surprises Maidenhead will score, but Spireites are finding some form at last and can win at home.
TORQUAY UNITED v BOREHAM WOOD - Gulls to win 3-2
In-form United on a mission after that Cup craziness and Wood also have promotion quality - belter coming up.
WOKING v YEOVIL TOWN - Yeovil win 2-1
New signing Joe Quigley has boosted Town - they can finally break their league duck at inconsistent Woking.
How to Play: Click sign up to take part on www.torbayweekly.co.uk. To submit your scores, click the Make Prediction link in the top-right of the weekly table. Your predictions must be submitted by 10am on the day of the fixtures to be included in the competition.
You will receive one point for a correct result or three points for a correct score, with a maximum of 18 points available each week.