United: 'Thanks for standing by us'
- Credit: Submitted
Torquay United have saluted their supporters and sponsors for standing by them during the last 12 months which they have described as the ‘most testing in living memory’.
The club says that one of the few positives to emerge from the pandemic has been the sight of local communities coming together to support one another.
The club, which has been a focal point at the heart of Torbay for over 120 years, says it has experienced first-hand how partnerships with supporters and sponsors can be both established and strengthened, despite the obvious limitations posed by Covid.
Commercial manager Sharon Cox says: “Whilst the majority of the current campaign has seen the Yellow Army sadly absent from the Plainmoor terraces, the introduction of the Club’s popular livestreaming service has given supporters the opportunity to follow the action from the comfort of their own homes all over the world, whilst United’s sponsors have been able to make the most of some unique global exposure.”
Promotion back to the Football League is very much on the agenda for manager Gary Johnson and the Gulls.
United’s global support base has grown during recent months, a pitch-side advertising board now be seen by viewers in USA, Australia, Asia and beyond!
A special thankyou has gone out to stand and shirt sponsors, Thatchers, Wollens, the Torbay Weekly, Pro Direct and MB Insolvency.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 5 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 6 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
The club also thanked other ‘much-valued and well-known friends’ such as Sherwell Valley Garage, Briard and Hutchings, JMV, DGM and Tolchards
Sharon Cox says: “During what has been a very difficult past 12 months, we have been privileged to have seen a number of our long-standing sponsors reaffirm their commitment to the club, and everybody at Plainmoor is extremely grateful for that.
“Although it’s obviously been a real shame that supporters have been unable to watch games at the stadium for most of the last year, our livestreaming service has opened up a whole new range of opportunities for our partners, with supporters all over the world being able to watch matches, and in turn, learn more about our sponsors’ brands.
“This, in addition to the added exposure the Club has gained from BT Sport this season means Torquay United can now offer more than ever before!
“It is all about working together.”
To find out more, email email@example.com or phone Sharon on 07949 00583