Torquay United sign Law on loan
- Credit: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK
Torquay United have made Plymouth Argyle's 21-year-old left-back Ryan Law their eighth loan signing of the season.
Law, whose father Gareth is a former Gulls striker and now Exeter City physio, is joining United for a month, to help Gary Johnson's squad through a problem period at left-back.
First-choice Dean Moxey is about to resume training after a hip injury and both recent deputies, Jake Andrews and Joe Lewis, have been playing out of position.
Andrews is a midfield player and Lewis is a right-footed defender.
"Ryan is an athletic left-sided player who play left-back or left wing-back, and we're very pleased to have him on board," said Johnson.
Law, who joined fellow Pilgrims loanee Adam Randell at Plainmoor, has had loan spells at Gloucester City, Truro City and Chippenham Town, his stay in Wiltshire spoiled by the Covid-enforced ending of their NL South season.
But he has made five first-team appearances, four of them starts, in Argyle EFL and FLT cup games over the last three years.
- 1 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 2 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 'Mixed' bag for Torbay teams as basketball season opens
- 5 Picture special: Torbay buses
- 6 Retro Sport with Roger Mann: An ambition which money just can't buy!
- 7 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 8 A harvest of hope at Pollinator Patch
- 9 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round