Torquay United set to cash in from live TV at FA Cup-tie
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Live TV coverage means that Torquay United will earn £18,000 from tomorrow’s FA Cup-tie against Crawley Town, even if they lose, but nearly £30,000 if they win.
The First Round game at Plainmoor (12.45pm) is one of 16 ties which BBC TV are broadcasting over the weekend.
Those matches will have either full multi-camera treatment or, as at Plainmoor, with a single camera via the BBC Sport website and the iPlayer.
But National League United and League Two Crawley will still receive £12,500 each for that coverage.
There is also £22,629 in prize money at stake, which has been adjusted to help losing clubs during the Covid-19 crisis.
Winners will now collect £16,972 and losers £5,657.
That will come on top of the £9,375 which Gary Johnson’s squad earned for their 2-0 win at Southern League Sholing in the Fourth Qualifying Round last month.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Torbay Ironman completes first race of the season
- 4 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 5 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 6 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 7 Family home in popular residential area
- 8 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 9 Gulls ready for Truro friendly
The Second Round draw will be made on Monday evening, covered live on BBC Two (7pm), when the Torquay/Crawley ball will be No.17/40.