Torquay United set to cash in from live TV at FA Cup-tie
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Live TV coverage means that Torquay United will earn £18,000 from tomorrow’s FA Cup-tie against Crawley Town, even if they lose, but nearly £30,000 if they win.
The First Round game at Plainmoor (12.45pm) is one of 16 ties which BBC TV are broadcasting over the weekend.
Those matches will have either full multi-camera treatment or, as at Plainmoor, with a single camera via the BBC Sport website and the iPlayer.
But National League United and League Two Crawley will still receive £12,500 each for that coverage.
There is also £22,629 in prize money at stake, which has been adjusted to help losing clubs during the Covid-19 crisis.
Winners will now collect £16,972 and losers £5,657.
That will come on top of the £9,375 which Gary Johnson’s squad earned for their 2-0 win at Southern League Sholing in the Fourth Qualifying Round last month.
- 1 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 4 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 8 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 9 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
- 10 Chloe Pavely: Mixed bag of emotions with end of season in sight
The Second Round draw will be made on Monday evening, covered live on BBC Two (7pm), when the Torquay/Crawley ball will be No.17/40.