Torquay United set to cash in from live TV at FA Cup-tie
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Live TV coverage means that Torquay United will earn £18,000 from tomorrow’s FA Cup-tie against Crawley Town, even if they lose, but nearly £30,000 if they win.
The First Round game at Plainmoor (12.45pm) is one of 16 ties which BBC TV are broadcasting over the weekend.
Those matches will have either full multi-camera treatment or, as at Plainmoor, with a single camera via the BBC Sport website and the iPlayer.
But National League United and League Two Crawley will still receive £12,500 each for that coverage.
There is also £22,629 in prize money at stake, which has been adjusted to help losing clubs during the Covid-19 crisis.
Winners will now collect £16,972 and losers £5,657.
That will come on top of the £9,375 which Gary Johnson’s squad earned for their 2-0 win at Southern League Sholing in the Fourth Qualifying Round last month.
- 1 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 2 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
- 3 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 4 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 5 Torquay United ladies book cup final date with City
- 6 Battle and race against time is on to awaken the sleeping giant that is Oldway
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Dementia and Covid - the unknown figures
- 9 Mark takes over at helm as Teignbridge Propellers invest in future
- 10 Are hi-tech companies missing a trick as they look to recruit staff?
The Second Round draw will be made on Monday evening, covered live on BBC Two (7pm), when the Torquay/Crawley ball will be No.17/40.