Torquay United’s ‘retained list’ delayed
- Credit: James Fearn/PPAUK
The release of Torquay United's 'retained list' may be delayed a day or two as players ponder their new contract offers.
After talks between manager Gary Johnson and his squad, the Gulls sent out new-deal paperwork by post last week and it was hoped to make an announcement over the weekend.
But written answers are still awaited in a few cases, and it seems that tomorrow or Wednesday is a more likely date.
From a squad of 17 players, it has emerged that five are already under contract for the 2020-2021 season, including both the club's teenage prospects Olaf Koszela and Louie Slough.
It has already been confirmed that Ryan Dickson will not be returning after his extended loan at Truro City, so Johnson has had to make decisions on 11 senior pros.
United finished the curtailed 2019-2020 season with a further six loanees.
Meanwhile, the National League is due to announce how it will finalise table positions after consulting with clubs over the past week.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
The other key issue of play-offs may disappear if the EFL decide to reprieve League Two's bottom club Stevenage and allow only one club, presumably leaders Barrow, to be promoted from the NL.