Torquay United Reserves strengthen top-of-table position with 5-1 win
- Credit: Submitted
In the Western Division of the Joma Devon Women's Football League, Torquay United Reserves shook off last week's cup defeat, preserved their 100 per cent League record and strengthened their position at the top of the table with 5-1 away win over Plainmoor Ladies.
Harriet Bowring helped herself to a personal haul of four goals, with team mate Abi Scandrett scoring the other one. Kerry Stapleton replied for the home side.
Shadon Villa climbed the table following a 3-1 victory in north Devon against Halwill FC.
Both sides claimed varying credits from the game. Halwill for keeping the score line respectable despite having to play for most of the first half with only ten players and no recognised goal keeper and Shaldon for maintaining their discipline to break down a resilient home side.
Netting for Villa were Millie Cox, Niamh Preston and regular marksman - or should that be woman - Lauryn Smith. Halwill's reply came from Lauren Averall.
Halwill Ladies 1-3 Shaldon Villa, Plainmoor Ladies 1-5 Torquay United Reserves
- 1 Gary Johnson: Whatever I may say, I'm a very bad loser
- 2 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 3 Tough player decisions ahead as Gaffer tries to build Torquay United squad fit for success
- 4 Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 5 TW Livermead Coffee Girls
- 6 How you can help us win the battle against winter
- 7 Christmas arrives in Torquay thanks to a sparkly wand (and an MP and jeweller)
- 8 Brixham Reserves take the biggest stride forward in South Devon Prem
- 9 Christmas hamper appeal aims to help 120 Torbay families
- 10 Winter fest is back - and so too is Father Christmas