Torquay United new loan signing
- Credit: Dan Weir/PPAUK
Torquay United have confirmed the loan signing of young Crystal Palace striker Rob Street until the end of the season.
The deal has been predicted and, after Street trained with the Gulls for several days, it has now been completed.
Street, 19 and 6ft 2in tall, has graduated through the Eagles’ Academy, to the point where he has been a regular in their Under-23 and Premier League 2 teams this season.
United manager Gary Johnson, who will be without centre-forward and leading scorer Danny Wright for some time with a hamstring injury, said: “I know that Crystal Palace have high hopes for him and feel the need for him, at this present time in his career, to go into competitive men’s football.
“He’s an athletic boy and decent in the air. He will fit into our DNA very well.”
Street added: “The boys are flying at the minute, and it’s a great opportunity for me to hopefully help the group and keep up their push for promotion.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store