Torquay United new loan signing
- Credit: Dan Weir/PPAUK
Torquay United have confirmed the loan signing of young Crystal Palace striker Rob Street until the end of the season.
The deal has been predicted and, after Street trained with the Gulls for several days, it has now been completed.
Street, 19 and 6ft 2in tall, has graduated through the Eagles’ Academy, to the point where he has been a regular in their Under-23 and Premier League 2 teams this season.
United manager Gary Johnson, who will be without centre-forward and leading scorer Danny Wright for some time with a hamstring injury, said: “I know that Crystal Palace have high hopes for him and feel the need for him, at this present time in his career, to go into competitive men’s football.
“He’s an athletic boy and decent in the air. He will fit into our DNA very well.”
Street added: “The boys are flying at the minute, and it’s a great opportunity for me to hopefully help the group and keep up their push for promotion.”
- 1 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 2 Torquay United FA Trophy preview
- 3 Former church home of Rainbow Fun House is sold
- 4 Strict Covid-19 restrictions but fishing continues
- 5 New Covid testing centre opens in Bay
- 6 Cash for five Torbay good causes as Foster's Fund pays out
- 7 Storm in a T-CUP at Plainmoor
- 8 Former Gulls teammates pay tribute to Clint Boulton
- 9 Bishop's Blue Plaque destined to grace new five-star hotel
- 10 More Covid jab centres open across Devon