Torquay United new loan signing
- Credit: Dan Weir/PPAUK
Torquay United have confirmed the loan signing of young Crystal Palace striker Rob Street until the end of the season.
The deal has been predicted and, after Street trained with the Gulls for several days, it has now been completed.
Street, 19 and 6ft 2in tall, has graduated through the Eagles’ Academy, to the point where he has been a regular in their Under-23 and Premier League 2 teams this season.
United manager Gary Johnson, who will be without centre-forward and leading scorer Danny Wright for some time with a hamstring injury, said: “I know that Crystal Palace have high hopes for him and feel the need for him, at this present time in his career, to go into competitive men’s football.
“He’s an athletic boy and decent in the air. He will fit into our DNA very well.”
Street added: “The boys are flying at the minute, and it’s a great opportunity for me to hopefully help the group and keep up their push for promotion.”
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 4 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 9 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 10 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric