Torquay Ladies captain Nikki May is player of year
- Credit: Archant
Captain Nikki May has been voted as Torquay United Ladies' player of the year.
The club's annual awards had to take place 'remotely' in the face of the Covid-19 lockdown.
Goalkeeper Alina Wright, who made her debut at 17 in a derby game at Buckland Athletic, was named as young player of the year.
Exeter-based midfielder Gemma Anderson was the most improved player.
Manager Jamie McIness gave his own player of the year award to ever-present Nicola Caunce.
Assistant manager Matt Green said: 'We have started to put the building blocks in place, on and off the pitch, which will hopefully see us make great strides as a club - when we finally get back training.'
- 1 Turning our season around
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 4 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 5 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 6 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 7 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete