Torquay Ladies captain Nikki May is player of year
- Credit: Archant
Captain Nikki May has been voted as Torquay United Ladies' player of the year.
The club's annual awards had to take place 'remotely' in the face of the Covid-19 lockdown.
Goalkeeper Alina Wright, who made her debut at 17 in a derby game at Buckland Athletic, was named as young player of the year.
Exeter-based midfielder Gemma Anderson was the most improved player.
Manager Jamie McIness gave his own player of the year award to ever-present Nicola Caunce.
Assistant manager Matt Green said: 'We have started to put the building blocks in place, on and off the pitch, which will hopefully see us make great strides as a club - when we finally get back training.'
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
- 8 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 9 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 10 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home