Torquay Ladies captain Nikki May is player of year
- Credit: Archant
Captain Nikki May has been voted as Torquay United Ladies' player of the year.
The club's annual awards had to take place 'remotely' in the face of the Covid-19 lockdown.
Goalkeeper Alina Wright, who made her debut at 17 in a derby game at Buckland Athletic, was named as young player of the year.
Exeter-based midfielder Gemma Anderson was the most improved player.
Manager Jamie McIness gave his own player of the year award to ever-present Nicola Caunce.
Assistant manager Matt Green said: 'We have started to put the building blocks in place, on and off the pitch, which will hopefully see us make great strides as a club - when we finally get back training.'
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 Nemane to Notts
- 3 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 4 First friendly for Torquay United
- 5 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 6 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 7 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 8 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 9 Pro deals for United Academy stars
- 10 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United