Torquay United finalising new deals
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Torquay United have re-signed six players, agreed terms with a fifth and are hopeful of finalising contracts with four more, the Gulls have announced.
In the wake of the departures of goalkeeper Lucas Covolan (Port Vale) and Kyle Cameron (Notts County), United have tied up captain and leading scorer Asa Hall, centre-forward Danny Wright and full-backs Ben Wynter and Dean Moxey, as well as young pros Olaf Koszela and Louie Slough.
They report that midfielder Jake Andrews has agreed a new deal, although he is yet to put pen to paper, while defender Joe Lewis and Player of the Year Connor Lemonheigh-Evans are already under contract for next season.
Negotiations are ongoing with goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald, midfielder Armani Little and wingers Ben Whitfield and Aaron Nemane.
Hall, Wright, Wynter and Moxey all re-signed before the Play-Offs, which ended with a penalty shoot-out defeat in the final against Hartlepool United.
Manager Gary Johnson described the departures of Covolan and Cameron as 'disappointing', adding: "We hope they have made the right decision.
"I've already met several players to take the place of the players that have left, and I'm excited about the possible outcome."
- 1 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 2 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 3 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 4 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 5 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 6 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 7 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 8 Busy time in the transfer market
- 9 Farewell to Wellswood
- 10 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC