Torquay United confirm latest signing
- Credit: Cameron Geran/PPAUK
Torquay United have confirmed the signing of midfielder Connor Lemonheigh-Evans from Bristol City.
Lemonheigh-Evans, 23, who has spent most of the last two seasons on loan at Plainmoor, becomes the Gulls' fifth permanent addition of the summer, following defenders Gary Warren and Fraser Kerr and strikers Danny Wright and Andrew Nelson into manager Gary Johnson's squad.
The Wales under-21 international has moved for an 'undisclosed fee' and United have not revealed the length of his contract.
But he had another year on his Ashton Gate deal to run and, like his former Robins teammate Jake Andrews 12 months ago, he is thought to have agreed a two-year contract with Torquay.
'I'm glad to be back,' said Lemonheigh-Evans, who has scored eight goals in 73 Torquay appearances so far.
'I know the club well, I know the place well and have worked with the gaffer for the last two years, so it was a no-brainer really to come back and play in as many games as I can.'
Johnson said: 'It's a fantastic signing for our club. Connor was unlucky last season with a couple of bad tackles that led to lengthy injuries, but he's 100% now and Connor at 100% is a real asset to us.
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 4 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 9 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 10 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric
'I look forward to once again working with him for the coming season.'