Torquay loan goalkeeper from Truro
- Credit: Micah Crook/PPAUK
An ankle injury to Lucas Covolan has prompted Torquay United to sign Truro City’s former Exeter City goalkeeper James Hamon on a month’s loan.
The Gulls have also loaned out midfielder Matt Buse to National League South club Chippenham Town for the next month.
Covolan missed Tuesday’s 4-0 FA Trophy win at Boreham Wood because of his injury, with Shaun MacDonald taking over and ex-Academy goalie Andy Collings on the bench.
But United manager Gary Johnson says that Collings, who has never made a senior appearance for Torquay, is not experienced enough to act as regular understudy in the National League and he added: “We needed someone pretty quick and, because of the Covid situation, we needed someone local.
“James lives in our area, he’s not playing games for Truro at the moment and he was happy to come in and sit on the bench if necessary.”
Channel Islander Hamon, 25, a former Guernsey golf champion, made 37 first-team appearances over five seasons for the Grecians before joining Truro in 2019.
Buse, 23, will get much needed game-time for Chippenham in the NL South, after a previous spell at Bath City earlier this season.
- 1 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 2 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 3 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 4 Plans for more than 1,000 homes in new 'mini-town' get green light
- 5 Perfect ending to memorable match
- 6 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 7 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 8 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 9 Five things from Torquay United's weekend
- 10 Is the new car sales rise a result of the pandemic?