Torquay bowling ladies fall at final hurdle
- Credit: Torquay Bowling Club
Torquay Bowling Club ladies fell at the final hurdle in their attempt to retain the Devon Interclub Trophy, losing to Topsham in the final on a beautiful afternoon at Crediton.
The morning saw them defeat Seaton in the semi final.
Crediton proved not to be a happy hunting ground for Torquay as Saturday saw Ella Crouch, Sue Coffield and Maggie Boyle lose to Honiton in the final of the County Two Wood Triples after a fine win over Uffculme in the morning's semi.
Val Davis and Liz Lock went into the final end of the over-55s pairs final on Sunday all square with South Molton before dropping two shots following a fine win over Barnstaple in their semi.
The same two Torquay girls had earlier in the week contested the Club Singles Championship which Val won 21-19 to retain the title she won in 2019 and then made it a double by beating Ella in the final of the Two Woods Singles.
Geoff Gay emulated Val's feat by retaining the Men’s Championship while Tony Mordaunt picked up his first title in the Two Woods Singles.
Unfortunately, the men were denied the opportunity to wind up the season in style as the Foxlands Trophy had to be postponed and will now be played early in 2022.
- 1 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 2 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 3 Torbay remains 'Covid capital of Devon' despite drop in cases
- 4 Retro Sport: Never too old to attract a talent scout
- 5 Motoring: More new arrivals in 2022 - and a bonus for electric users in the future
- 6 Bay residents facing 2.99 per cent rise in council tax
- 7 Angling junior Keri showing the seniors how it is done
- 8 School celebrates double award success
- 9 Improved conditions for 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge boats
- 10 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas