Predicta - start playing today!
- Credit: Archant
Torquay United travel to Halifax in the National League this weekend and chief sportswriter Dave Thomas is predicting three points for the Gulls.
It is one of six intriguing matches for the Predicta competition on www.torbayweekly.co.uk.
Our weekly winner will receive a free copy of the Inside the Gulls publication.
As well as United at Halifax, we have Frank Lampard’s Chelsea travelling to Newcastle United in the Premier League.
We feature a massive game from La Liga, where Atletico Madrid host Barcelona.
There are also three more games from the National League in this week’s Predicta – can you beat Dave?
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 4 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 9 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
Watch out for some Hollywood sparkle. PREDICTA GAMES
NEWCASTLE UNITED v CHELSEA - Chelsea win 3-1
Hot-and-cold Newcastle won’t be able to contain the counter attacking Premier League top scorers.
ATLETICO MADRID v BARCELONA - Atletico win 2-1
Huge game for both - Atletico (3rd) to stay unbeaten, Barca (8th) for obvious reasons. The hosts to edge it.
FC HALIFAX TOWN v TORQUAY UNITED - Gulls to win 2-0
Town struggling for goals, United still confident after two recent big tests, and fresh from no midweek game.
KING’S LYNN TOWN v DOVER ATHLETIC - A draw 2-2
The two worst defences in the division, both desperate for points - recipe for goals and a draw.
CHESTERFIELD v NOTTS COUNTY - County win 2-1
Spireites struggling at home, more relaxed Notts in catch up mode, plus old ‘derby’ spice - County to win.
WREXHAM v ALDERSHOT TOWN - A draw 1-1
New Hollywood owners can’t help Wrexham on the pitch and Shots can afford to have a go - a point apiece.
How to Play
Click sign up to take part on www.torbayweekly.co.uk. To submit your scores, click the Make Prediction link in the top-right of the weekly table. Your predictions must be submitted by 10am on the day of the fixtures to be included in the competition.
You will receive one point for a correct result or three points for a correct score, with a maximum of 18 points available each week.