Predicta - start playing today!
- Credit: Archant
Torquay United travel to Halifax in the National League this weekend and chief sportswriter Dave Thomas is predicting three points for the Gulls.
It is one of six intriguing matches for the Predicta competition on www.torbayweekly.co.uk.
Our weekly winner will receive a free copy of the Inside the Gulls publication.
As well as United at Halifax, we have Frank Lampard’s Chelsea travelling to Newcastle United in the Premier League.
We feature a massive game from La Liga, where Atletico Madrid host Barcelona.
There are also three more games from the National League in this week’s Predicta – can you beat Dave?
- 1 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 2 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 3 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 4 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 5 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 6 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 7 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 8 United heading into the future
- 9 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 10 Busy time in the transfer market
Watch out for some Hollywood sparkle. PREDICTA GAMES
NEWCASTLE UNITED v CHELSEA - Chelsea win 3-1
Hot-and-cold Newcastle won’t be able to contain the counter attacking Premier League top scorers.
ATLETICO MADRID v BARCELONA - Atletico win 2-1
Huge game for both - Atletico (3rd) to stay unbeaten, Barca (8th) for obvious reasons. The hosts to edge it.
FC HALIFAX TOWN v TORQUAY UNITED - Gulls to win 2-0
Town struggling for goals, United still confident after two recent big tests, and fresh from no midweek game.
KING’S LYNN TOWN v DOVER ATHLETIC - A draw 2-2
The two worst defences in the division, both desperate for points - recipe for goals and a draw.
CHESTERFIELD v NOTTS COUNTY - County win 2-1
Spireites struggling at home, more relaxed Notts in catch up mode, plus old ‘derby’ spice - County to win.
WREXHAM v ALDERSHOT TOWN - A draw 1-1
New Hollywood owners can’t help Wrexham on the pitch and Shots can afford to have a go - a point apiece.
How to Play
Click sign up to take part on www.torbayweekly.co.uk. To submit your scores, click the Make Prediction link in the top-right of the weekly table. Your predictions must be submitted by 10am on the day of the fixtures to be included in the competition.
You will receive one point for a correct result or three points for a correct score, with a maximum of 18 points available each week.