Torbay boxer reaches final of National Schoolboy Championships of Great Britain
- Credit: Torbay ABC
A Torbay ABC boxer has boxed his way to the final of the National Schoolboy Championships of Great Britain.
Jed Baker, 14, who attends Teign School, Kingsteignton, follows on from his success of winning gold at the Rivera Box Cup last November.
Jed beat Lennox McKenna in the quarter-finals in Bristol. He then won his semi-final, beating Ricco Winston from Bridgewater Solvent, Manchester, to book his place in the final, which was held at the Vertu Motors arena, Newcastle.
Jed boxed the unbeaten William Ball, from the famous London club, Repton.
From the first bell Jed took the bout to his opponent.
Jed showed no fear against his much bigger and taller opponent, pushing forward at every opportunity, with almost every coach in attendance astonished that didn't get the decision to become the national champion.
Torbay ABC club is very proud of Jed's achievements.
- 1 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 Cricket: All-rounder Craig Eaves returns to Brixham with eye on overdue promotion
- 8 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 9 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 10 New travel agency promises 'booking process as exciting as holiday itself'