Teign host second coastal rowing regatta of season
- Credit: Contibuted
Teign Rowing Club hosted the second South West Coastal Rowing League regatta of the 2021 season.
The Parson and Clerk Gallop was rowed over 4km and 6km courses.
Torquay Rowing Club boated two crews during the day with some success.
Richard Cudmore and Ian Wilson again won the men’s masters double sculls romping away to win in 27 minutes, 44 seconds over the 4km course.
Torquay’s mixed quadruple sculls crew of Kevin Weyman, Ben Smith, Michelle Sandhi, Barbara Meats and coxswain Richard Cudmore, sculled to eighth place over the 4km course in 28 minutes, 17 seconds.
The next regatta in the series is the Langstone Approach Coastal Regatta at Exmouth on July 3.
Parson and Clerk Gallop results:
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 3 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 4 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 5 New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- 6 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 7 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 8 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 9 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 10 Please only use hospital A&E if your life depends on it
Men’s quads: 1 Teign A, 2 Barbarians, 3 Exmouth A. Ladies' quads: 1 Jurassica, 2 Teign A, 3 Exmouth A.
Masters' quads: 1 Jurasica, 2 MORC B, 3 Carrick RC. Mixed quads: 1 Teign A, 2 Exmouth A, 3 Exmouth B, 8 Torquay.
Ladies' doubles: 1 Exmouth. Masters men’s doubles: 1 Torquay. Mixed doubles: 1 Teign, 2 MORC. Men’s singles: 1 Exmouth, 2 Barbarians, 3 Bideford B.
Ladies' singles: 1 Barbarians, 2 Exmouth.