Teign host second coastal rowing regatta of season
- Credit: Contibuted
Teign Rowing Club hosted the second South West Coastal Rowing League regatta of the 2021 season.
The Parson and Clerk Gallop was rowed over 4km and 6km courses.
Torquay Rowing Club boated two crews during the day with some success.
Richard Cudmore and Ian Wilson again won the men’s masters double sculls romping away to win in 27 minutes, 44 seconds over the 4km course.
Torquay’s mixed quadruple sculls crew of Kevin Weyman, Ben Smith, Michelle Sandhi, Barbara Meats and coxswain Richard Cudmore, sculled to eighth place over the 4km course in 28 minutes, 17 seconds.
The next regatta in the series is the Langstone Approach Coastal Regatta at Exmouth on July 3.
Parson and Clerk Gallop results:
- 1 Cheers as former player Jim backs United
- 2 Dementia mini mental test - is it fit for purpose?
- 3 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 4 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 5 Motoring: Fondly looking back at 2021 with some surprising results
- 6 Paignton business expands team and offices to deliver tech offer
- 7 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 8 Bowls: Great quarter-final win for Torbay
- 9 In memory of our loving Emica
- 10 South Devon groups benefit from Masons' annual donations
Men’s quads: 1 Teign A, 2 Barbarians, 3 Exmouth A. Ladies' quads: 1 Jurassica, 2 Teign A, 3 Exmouth A.
Masters' quads: 1 Jurasica, 2 MORC B, 3 Carrick RC. Mixed quads: 1 Teign A, 2 Exmouth A, 3 Exmouth B, 8 Torquay.
Ladies' doubles: 1 Exmouth. Masters men’s doubles: 1 Torquay. Mixed doubles: 1 Teign, 2 MORC. Men’s singles: 1 Exmouth, 2 Barbarians, 3 Bideford B.
Ladies' singles: 1 Barbarians, 2 Exmouth.