Teign host second coastal rowing regatta of season
- Credit: Contibuted
Teign Rowing Club hosted the second South West Coastal Rowing League regatta of the 2021 season.
The Parson and Clerk Gallop was rowed over 4km and 6km courses.
Torquay Rowing Club boated two crews during the day with some success.
Richard Cudmore and Ian Wilson again won the men’s masters double sculls romping away to win in 27 minutes, 44 seconds over the 4km course.
Torquay’s mixed quadruple sculls crew of Kevin Weyman, Ben Smith, Michelle Sandhi, Barbara Meats and coxswain Richard Cudmore, sculled to eighth place over the 4km course in 28 minutes, 17 seconds.
The next regatta in the series is the Langstone Approach Coastal Regatta at Exmouth on July 3.
Parson and Clerk Gallop results:
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 Turning our season around
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete
- 10 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
Men’s quads: 1 Teign A, 2 Barbarians, 3 Exmouth A. Ladies' quads: 1 Jurassica, 2 Teign A, 3 Exmouth A.
Masters' quads: 1 Jurasica, 2 MORC B, 3 Carrick RC. Mixed quads: 1 Teign A, 2 Exmouth A, 3 Exmouth B, 8 Torquay.
Ladies' doubles: 1 Exmouth. Masters men’s doubles: 1 Torquay. Mixed doubles: 1 Teign, 2 MORC. Men’s singles: 1 Exmouth, 2 Barbarians, 3 Bideford B.
Ladies' singles: 1 Barbarians, 2 Exmouth.