Devon Women's Football League: Stand-in referee is star of the show
- Credit: Torquay United Women FC
Another valiant effort from Teignmouth was not quite enough as they lost 3-1 at home to Halwill FC in the Western Division of the Devon Women's Football League.
Nikki Lipscombe slotted home a penalty for the Teigns but the more experienced visitors took the points home thanks to two goals from Lauren Avenall and one from Chloe Berry.
Star of the show on the day was stand-in referee Scott Baxter, who took control when there was no official referee.
Shaldon Villa finally got their season under way with a home match against Torquay United Reserves.
Lauren Smith netted twice and Claire Jones once, but it wasn't enough as the visitors scored through Sam Tyler, Abi Scandrett, Harriet Bowring and Hannah Rooney to win 4-3.
The game between Uni Plymouth and Plainmoor Ladies was postponed.
- 1 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 Cricket: All-rounder Craig Eaves returns to Brixham with eye on overdue promotion
- 8 New travel agency promises 'booking process as exciting as holiday itself'
- 9 Overwhelming success of ‘Torbay Needs You’ campaign
- 10 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
Shaldon Villa 3-4 Torquay United Reserves, Teignmouth Ladies 1-3 Halwill Ladies, Uni Plymouth P-P Plainmoor Ladies.