South Devon AC athletes brave Chagford Two Hills
Jeremy Goddard, South Devon Athletics Club
- Credit: SDAC
Sunday was the next race in South Devon Athletic Club’s Grand Prix series with the Chagford Two Hills Race.
Some beautiful scenery but at the cost of over 1,000ft climbing over only about 3.5 miles with a bonus boggy section thrown in this race was certainly challenging.
Nine SDAC athletes braved the challenge – the performance of the day going to Dani Waters winning her age category.
Marc Walpot was first back for the club and everyone was just about still smiling at the end!
Along with several other club members, Marc and Dave also ran Torbay Velopark Parkrun on Saturday.
The only Parkrun PB this week was Hannah Carr in Sunday's Junior Parkrun.
Chagford Two Hills: 24 Marc Walpot 36:06, 30 Antony Waters 37:06, 39 Dani Waters 38:55, 42 Kevin Ashworth 39:13, 88 Laura Ashworth 47:44, 97 Roger Webb 53:06, 116 Chrissie Walpot 1:07:36, 117 Dave Cubberley 1:07:37, 118 John Drennan 1:13:41
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 6 Turning our season around
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
Torbay Velopark Parkrun: 21 Ben Reed 20:03, 27 Jonathan Hiscoke 20:46, 31 Marc Walpot 21:06, 72 Theo Glew 23:14, 75 Piers Calascione 23:46, 95 Lauren Carr 24:35, 103 Hannah Carr 24:47, 115 Alex Magee 25:24, 229 Emma Magee 30:53, 232 David Cubberley 31:02, 254 Kate Maslin 32:40, 269 Jean Lyle 34:03, 292 Brenda Grant 36:27, 293 Alison Ford 36:28, 343 Eileen Severn 56:11
Torbay Velopark Junior Parkrun: 5 Hannah Carr 08:28, 6 Lauren Carr 08:41.