Sign up for Predicta and chance to win £1,000 end-of-season prize
- Credit: Archant
Torquay United travel to Hartlepool United in the televised fixture on BT Sport on Saturday evening and it’s looking like an early test of promotion credentials in the National League.
The Gulls have made a fine start to the season and our latest Predicta game on www.torbayweekly.co.uk features the big game for United, plus three more from the National League.
Our final two games in the Predicta competition come from the Premier League, with Liverpool hosting a dangerous West Ham side, and Manchester City travel to struggling Sheffield United.
To play the Predicta, click on the link ‘Guess the Scores to Win Prizes’ on www.torbayweekly.co.uk
Sign up for the Predicta on www.torbayweekly.co.uk and help build the numbers, get your friends, family and colleagues to join before we introduce the grand prize of £1,000 to be won at the end of the season.
Congratulations to our latest leaderboard winner from last week, MCSopanky78.
Don’t forget to answer the tie-breaker question – total goals scored in Saturday fixtures only from England’s top five divisions.
- 1 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
- 2 Stephanie lined up for top award - and is one of 'Our Heroes'
- 3 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 4 Jim Parker: Seafront illuminations are shining a light on bright future of our English Riviera
- 5 Property of the Week: Character cottage that's close to town centre
- 6 Christian: 'I'm determined to make a difference'
- 7 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 8 Colin Lee: Late goal dramas - managing the situation
- 9 Goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald has 'no regrets or worries about being back'
- 10 Bay's Agatha Christie Festival went swimmingly well!
This week’s Predicta – can you beat chief sports writer Dave Thomas?
SHEFFIELD UNITED v MANCHESTER CITY - City win 3-0
Stories of City’s demise are exaggerated, and somebody is going to suffer soon - it could be the struggling Blades.
BROMLEY v EASTLEIGH - a draw 1-1
Set-pieces could prove telling here between two physically strong, similar sides who don’t give much away.
STOCKPORT COUNTY v WEYMOUTH - County win 3-0
Goal-shy Weymouth would love a point, but they will struggle to get it, especially if free-scoring County strike first.
YEOVIL TOWN v CHESTERFIELD - a draw 2-2
Both struggling for league form, Yeovil hit by injuries/suspension - this should be a close, possibly feisty affair.
HARTLEPOOL UNITED v TORQUAY UNITED - a draw 2-2
A ‘six-pointer’ already, but Torquay will go for it and have strong options on the bench - all the recipes for a belter!
LIVERPOOL v WEST HAM UTD - Liverpool win 3-1
The improving Hammers will have a go but attack not defence will settle this one and Klopp has the firepower.