Sign up for Inside the Gulls - stories from Torquay United’s history
- Credit: Archant
Torbay Weekly is working on something very special to bring the Yellow Army a wonderful array of stories from the dramatic history of Torquay United.
Launching in August, 'Inside the Gulls' will lift the lid on some of the great players, managers, incidents and campaigns in the United story.
Using exclusive interviews with legends of the Plainmoor past, Inside the Gulls has been compiled by Dave Thomas, TUFC correspondent for more than 40 years, and former United club secretary and press officer Tim Herbert.
Inside the Gulls will be speaking to the personalities who have shaped United's history, remembering the greatest moments, as well as the darkest times, with memories from the Yellow Army and the many Plainmoor heroes we have all enjoyed down the years.
Sign up for Inside the Gulls here This unique enterprise will cover 41 different chapters from the glorious displays of Neville Southall and Eunan O'Kane to the crazy era of Chris Roberts and the wonders of the Popside, plus so much more.
The first edition of Inside the Gulls will be launched on Thursday, July 30 and this initial exclusive will be completely FREE, as we chat to the irrepressible Neville Southall, one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time, who remembers his time at Plainmoor as a career highlight.
Inside the Gulls will be a downloadable series through www.torbayweekly.co.uk and just £9.99 to subscribe, which equates to just 25p per chapter.
In addition to your digital version of Inside the Gulls, subscribers will also receive a printed glossy bookazine copy on completion of the series.
- 1 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 4 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 7 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 8 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 9 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 10 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
Signing up to Inside the Gulls will also benefit your club, with a percentage from every subscription donated to supporting the club as well as a specific Plainmoor project sponsored by Torbay Weekly.
Sign up for Inside the Gulls here and you will receive four chapters each week over ten weeks of extraordinary stories, starting in July. Even if you sign up after the initial launch, all chapters will be backdated and available to view.