Running: Storm leaves added obstacles on Bicton Blister course
- Credit: SDAC
On Sunday, the storm had cleared leaving a cold crisp day for the penultimate race in the SDAC grand prix.
The Bicton Blister is ten miles from Bicton College up and around Woodbury common with fantastic views.
This year, thanks to storm Arwen, there were a few added obstacles with telegraph poles and tress down on the course.
Although it was a fairly small South Devon Athletics Club squad, there was great running all round.
Colin Peters was first back and also first V55.
In the Blister lite, Vince Langdon was first male V50 and despite doing some bonus miles Dani Waters was third senior female.
At the Haldon night 5K, the Carr family were in action – Lauren and Hannah winning first and second female and Steve finishing third male V50.
- 1 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 2 Picture special: Views from across Torbay
- 3 Working hard to ensure success of fishing industry in Brixham
- 4 Retro Sport: Whatever the temptation, the sanctity of cricket is paramount
- 5 Ray of success for Chris after years of trying
- 6 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 7 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 8 Nurturing the Plainmoor pitch
- 9 Brilliant Buckland advance in the FA Vase
- 10 Buckland drawn away in the FA Vase
Bicton Blister: 33 Colin Peters 1:15:24, 67 Kevin Ashworth 1:23:12, 82 Jeremy Goddard 1:25:32, 201 Laura Ashworth 1:38:05, 206 George Holman 1:38:47, 305 Mark Holman 1:53:26
Blister Lite:17 Vince Langton 44:48, 18 Dani Waters 45:17
Haldon night 5k: 7 Lauren Carr 27:04, 11 Hannah Carr 28:44, 13 Steve Carr 29:58