Runner Hannah Beaumont’s ultra indoor marathon for Yes! Brixham and Sue Ryder
- Credit: Archant
Our latest Bay Hero is Hannah Beaumont from Brixham, who is taking on a unique challenge tomorrow to raise money for Yes! Brixham and the Sue Ryder charity.
Hannah is taking on an indoor ultra marathon, running an incredible 30 miles within the confines of her own home.
Each lap comprises running up the stairs, around a small hall, back down the stairs and then around a big hall.
One lap equates to 0.07 miles, which adds up to... a lot of laps.
Yes! Brixham is helping in the local area by delivering food parcels to those in need and Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times in life, providing care and compassion in hospices, as well as bereavement support.
Help Hannah reach her £400 target by visiting https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/UltraHB
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 5 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 6 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans