Rugby round-up: Brixham have to settle for bonus point
- Credit: Brixham Rugby Club
A converted try in stoppage time snatched what would have been a first victory for Brixham at Bournemouth in the Tribute SW League Premier Division.
Brixham, trying to follow up their first-day 32-17 win over Royal Wotton Bassett, led 14-13 at half-time against the powerful hosts at East Parley, but had to settle for a bonus point.
That was despite tries from Jason Capaldi (2) and Matt Croscombe and 12pts from the boot of Mitch Pinkus.
Brixham are home to Weston-super-Mare this Saturday.
Torquay Athletic have flown out of the Cornwall and Devon Division traps.
The Tics offered free entry at the Rec' and rewarded their fans by thumping Liskeard and Looe 38-8, after a similar victory at Hayle the previous weekend.
It's 'Teign derby' time between Newton Abbot and Teignmouth this Saturday (2.30pm) in Western Counties West.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 4 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 5 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 6 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 7 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 8 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 9 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
Teignmouth made it two from two with a 45-19 win over Kingsbridge at Bitton Park, while Newton lost 29-12 at Penryn, so they'll be looking to bounce back.
Paignton led early on with a couple of kicks at Wiveliscombe, but eventually went down 46-13 in Somerset. They're at home to Penryn this weekend.
Watch out for New Cross in Devon One.
After seeing off Plymouth Argaum away 29-5 on Day One, the lads from Kingsteignton led 17-0 at half-time at Salcombe before running riot in the second half. It was 55-0 at the final whistle.
Totnes edged Old Technicians from Plymouth 31-27, while Dartmouth went to Buckfastleigh Ramblers and came away 31-21 victors.