Guess the results to win a prize
- Credit: Archant
It is a welcome weekend break for Torquay United in the National League but we still have six games for our Predicta competition on www.torbayweekly.co.uk
The fun starts with Premier League champions Liverpool travelling to Brighton. Manchester City have been below their normal standards this season and will need three points at home to a dogged Burnley side. We then travel down the A38 for an FA Cup clash at Home Park. On the European scene, we have games from Paris and Valencia. There is also one final game from Torquay’s National League competitors. Our weekly leaderboard winners will receive a free copy of the superb Inside the Gulls publication, a story of Torquay United.
Enjoy this week’s Predicta but can you beat Dave Thomas?
BRIGHTON v LIVERPOOL – Liverpool win 3-1
After whacking Leicester, Liverpool were home (Atalanta) in midweek and will be too good for improved Brighton.
MANCHESTER CITY v BURNLEY – City win 2-1
If Burnley, lifted by key win over Palace, can score, they might make City sweat – but only might.
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 8 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 9 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v LINCOLN CITY – Draw 2-2 (90mins)
A relaxed, attack-minded Lincoln will go for it against an Argyle side starting to look a touch inconsistent.
PSG v BORDEAUX – PSG win 5-1
Stung 3-2 by Monaco at the weekend, star-studded PSG will take no prisoners against mid-table Bordeaux.
VALENCIA v ATLETICO MADRID – ATLETICO win 2-0
Valencia did Real 4-1 recently, but unbeaten Atletico are on a roll and may be just too strong here.
ALTRINCHAM v MAIDENHEAD UNITED – Alty win 2-1
Even without fans, improved Alty can make home advantage count against a suspect Maidenhead defence.
How to Play
Click sign up to take part on www.torbayweekly.co.uk. To submit your scores, click the Make Prediction link in the top-right of the weekly table. Your predictions must be submitted by 10am on the day of the fixtures to be included in the competition.
You will receive one point for a correct result or three points for a correct score, with a maximum of 18 points available each week.