'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Torquay United didn't have a single Covid-19 case last season thanks to their strict 'bubble' policies - only for the Government's Track and Trace system to rule three players out of action!
"They all got 'pinged'," revealed manager Gary Johnson after Connor Lemonheigh-Evans, Jake Andrews and skipper Asa Hall had to miss the club's opening pre-season win (2-0) at Poole Town on Saturday.
"They tested fine," said Johnson. "But it's a sign of the times, and hopefully they'll change the 'pinging' rules pretty soon."
Evans and Andrews were back as goals by Danny Wright, Louie Slough and Klaidi Lolos beat Truro City 3-0 on Tuesday.
But Johnson stressed: "Because we've only got three or four weeks pre-season, we've had to work them very hard every day. Some showed little bits, but they looked leggy.
"It was fantastic to get 900 for a friendly, and I'm hoping the players will be a bit sharper on Saturday (Plymouth Argyle H 3pm)."
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Colin Lee: Late goal dramas - managing the situation
- 6 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 7 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 8 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 9 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2