Newton Abbot Racecourse sets sights on July return to racing
- Credit: Tom Sandberg/PPAUK
Newton Abbot Racecourse, which has lost almost half its 2020 meetings because of the Covid-19 crisis, hopes to resume racing on Friday, July 3.
Newton's managing director Pat Masterson says: 'Nothing can hide the disappointment that my staff and I feel for all our racegoers planning to come and enjoy a day at our racecourse.
'Newton Abbot has been decimated with abandonments since last September, and during Covid-19 we have lost our first eight fixtures (of 2020).
'Currently, jump racing is due to start again on July 1.
'We will update this message when further Government advice is received.'
Newton Abbot has ten more fixtures left this year - on July 3, 19 and 27, one in August, four in September and two in October.
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 7 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 Nemane to Notts