New signings on their way despite win
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
New signings are on their way at Plainmoor, even though Torquay United eased the pressure of a slow start to the season with Connor Lemonheigh-Evans' 'Gary-Time' winner over Southend United (1-0).
Gulls manager Gary Johnson insists: "We've done nothing yet, and we still need a few more in our squad. We're very hot on that throttle at the moment."
Johnson also does not regret the harsh words he delivered after last midweek's 2-1 defeat at Solihull Moors.
"I meant it. I have to say what I'm feeling and be truthful, with the players and the fans. We hadn't been good enough," he said.
"Sometimes you have to take players out of their comfort zone - nice people off the pitch, yes, but very competitive on it."
Meanwhile, two National League managers have already lost their jobs - Harry Kewell at Barnet and Danny Searle at Aldershot Town.
- 1 Five new business units planned in coach station overhaul
- 2 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 3 Paul Jolly: Smart motorway common sense
- 4 Flower meadows get Bay buzzing
- 5 Gulls start Trophy journey in Tonbridge
- 6 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 7 Our nights of darts, pool and the birth of Torbay's 'ghostbusters'
- 8 Rowing: GB rower is guest of honour at presentation night
- 9 Coastwatch and disabled sailors team up to ensure safe sailing
- 10 Have a fiver off a Christmas tree at Marldon