New courses and buoy turns in pier to pier coastal regatta
- Credit: Torquay Rowing Club
Torquay Rowing Club staged the Pier to Pier FISA Coastal Regatta with new 6K and 4K courses and many buoy turns.
It was chilly in the morning but turned to glorious sunshine in the afternoon.
The presentation of prizes at the Royal Torbay Yacht Club included the showing of drone footage of the races.
The next FISA Coastal Rowing Regatta is at Mayflower Offshore Rowing Club in Plymouth on September 18.
Torquay Pier to Pier results
Men’s quads: 1 Barbarians, 2 Teign Scullers A, 3 Mayflower ORC A, 8 Torquay RC
Ladies' quads: 1 Jurassica, 2 Exmouth A, 3 Mayflower ORC A
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 5 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 6 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 7 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 8 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 9 Austins battle through Spanish flu, World War Two and now pandemic but boss David says: 'Now is our Time'
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
Mixed quads: 1 Teign Scullers A, 2 Jurassica/Carrick, 3 Exmouth
Masters quads: 1 Exmouth A, 2 Mayflower ORC A
Ladies' doubles: 1 Anna and Judith – Exmouth, 2 Wendy and Harriett – Teign, 3 Lou and Andi – Dolphin
Mixed doubles: 1 Wendy and Patrick – Teign Scullers, 2 Jane and Stuart – Torquay RC
Men’s singles: 1 Will L – Exmouth, 2 Til A – Barbarians, 3 Ganesh – Barbarians
Ladies' singles: 1 Marie G – Exmouth, 2 Andi D – Dolphin, 3 Lou F - Dolphin
Men’s masters singles: 1 Bob C, 2 Jan C.