Matt runs London - after 110-mile race the day before!
- Credit: South Devon AC
With London Marathon at the weekend, marathon running was back in style with South Devon AC runners doing the club proud.
So many different stories from first timers to PBs and then there was Matt Dalton running London after placing fifth in a 110-mile race the day before!
While London runners enjoyed the support of the crowds, it was potentially harder for the Virtual London runners Kassie West and Steph Bartlett.
However, when you have people that will come and run the whole way for you as support as Katie Stuart did for Kassie and Chris Reece for Steph, it can make such a difference.
Despite no official time or medal for Katie and Chris, it was still a marathon distance and a great achievement.
Conditions at Chester Marathon were not as good as at London but Antony and Dani Waters both ran great times with Dani running a good for age qualifying time to get into London.
A great weekend all round for running and for SDAC!
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 5 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 6 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
Lastly, a get well soon to Neil Jordain who, instead of completing his virtual London, had to watch from hospital – we’re sure he’ll be lined up next year.
London ballot closes soon so if you were inspired get your entry in.
Only a few SDAC runners were at Parkrun in the rain on Saturday but on Sunday despite running on Saturday, Hannah Carr, Lauren Carr and Grace Povey made a clean sweep of the podium at Junior Parkrun, some great running.
London Marathon: 3015 Alex Magee 3:09:02 (PB), 5174 Colin Peters 3:25:45, 13476 Claire Cornish 4:03:53, 19330 Matt Dalton 4:30:20, 21084 Rod Keen 4:38:13, 28736 James Nash 5:19:39
Virtual London Marathon: Kassie West 6:18:09, Steph Bartlett 6:33:00
Chester Marathon: 391 Dani Waters 3:40:30, 661 Antony Waters 3:59:17
North Coast 110: 5 Matt Dalton 30:36:37