Ipplepen take on Torquay in Group B final
- Credit: Archant
Ipplepen travel to the Recreation Ground for a crack at Torquay in the Group B final on Saturday after emphatic wins for both teams in the Devon 'Covid-19' Cricket League semi-finals.
Half-centuries for Steve Lewis (50) and Tom Drake (55no) led Torquay to 188-9, which was much too good for Tiverton Heathcoat 2nds.
Three wickets each for captain Chris Kelmere (3-11) and James Tyler (3-15) helped to skittle Heathcoat out for 73 in a 115-run victory.
Ipplepen piled up 224-4, built around Marcus Gadie's 79, against Ivybridge, setting up a 116-run win there.
In the Group C final, Stoke Gabriel meet Kilmington on Saturday. There were heavy defeats for South Devon and Barton 2nds in the 'D' and 'E' semis. And there is a Teign estuary 'derby' at Netherton Park in Group G between Stokeinteignhead and Shaldon Optimists 2nds.
In runners-up play-offs, Paignton and Bovey Tracey both fell by the wayside - Paignton lost by 105 runs to Sandford and Bovey went down to Cornwood by two wickets.
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 7 Nemane to Notts
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under