Ipplepen take on Torquay in Group B final
- Credit: Archant
Ipplepen travel to the Recreation Ground for a crack at Torquay in the Group B final on Saturday after emphatic wins for both teams in the Devon 'Covid-19' Cricket League semi-finals.
Half-centuries for Steve Lewis (50) and Tom Drake (55no) led Torquay to 188-9, which was much too good for Tiverton Heathcoat 2nds.
Three wickets each for captain Chris Kelmere (3-11) and James Tyler (3-15) helped to skittle Heathcoat out for 73 in a 115-run victory.
Ipplepen piled up 224-4, built around Marcus Gadie's 79, against Ivybridge, setting up a 116-run win there.
In the Group C final, Stoke Gabriel meet Kilmington on Saturday. There were heavy defeats for South Devon and Barton 2nds in the 'D' and 'E' semis. And there is a Teign estuary 'derby' at Netherton Park in Group G between Stokeinteignhead and Shaldon Optimists 2nds.
In runners-up play-offs, Paignton and Bovey Tracey both fell by the wayside - Paignton lost by 105 runs to Sandford and Bovey went down to Cornwood by two wickets.
- 1 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 2 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 3 Turning our season around
- 4 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 7 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 Norrms McNamara: The loneliness of dementia
- 10 Midfielder Lapslie: Gulls will 'be up there at the end of the season'