Ipplepen take on Torquay in Group B final
- Credit: Archant
Ipplepen travel to the Recreation Ground for a crack at Torquay in the Group B final on Saturday after emphatic wins for both teams in the Devon 'Covid-19' Cricket League semi-finals.
Half-centuries for Steve Lewis (50) and Tom Drake (55no) led Torquay to 188-9, which was much too good for Tiverton Heathcoat 2nds.
Three wickets each for captain Chris Kelmere (3-11) and James Tyler (3-15) helped to skittle Heathcoat out for 73 in a 115-run victory.
Ipplepen piled up 224-4, built around Marcus Gadie's 79, against Ivybridge, setting up a 116-run win there.
In the Group C final, Stoke Gabriel meet Kilmington on Saturday. There were heavy defeats for South Devon and Barton 2nds in the 'D' and 'E' semis. And there is a Teign estuary 'derby' at Netherton Park in Group G between Stokeinteignhead and Shaldon Optimists 2nds.
In runners-up play-offs, Paignton and Bovey Tracey both fell by the wayside - Paignton lost by 105 runs to Sandford and Bovey went down to Cornwood by two wickets.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 4 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 5 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans