Inside the Gulls: Sills, Fash, Warnock and Eunan
- Credit: Archant
After the launch of Inside the Gulls last week and the fantastic story of Neville Southall's legendary spell at Plainmoor, the next four chapters of this unique series will be online this weekend.
We start on Thursday with the little-known tale of Tim Sills playing through extraordinary pain to score on of the greatest goals in United history.
The Yellow Army fondly remember the sight of Sills soaring through the sky to confirm our Wembley win and the return to the Football League but, on any other day and in any other game, there is no way he would have been fit enough to complete the match.
History could have been very different.
On Friday, subscribers will be treated to the World According to Fash, featuring treasured stories from the memorable spell enjoyed by Justin Fashanu in the famous Yellow and Blue.
Neil Warnock is our focus on Saturday and the extraordinary tale of how a future Premier League manager would never have reached such glorious heights without a defining spell on the Plainmoor sidelines.
As Warnock says himself in this fascinating chapter, 'United Saved My Career'. There is also his recollections of an impromptu party after the glorious win at Carlisle.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 2 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 3 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 6 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 9 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 10 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
We complete this set of four on Sunday by remembering the graceful talent of Eunan O'Kane, chatting to the popular Irishman about how his United years propelled him to the top, with thoughts from his former team-mates and United fans.
Inside the Gulls will be a downloadable series through www.torbayweekly.co.uk and just £9.99 to subscribe, which equates to just 25p per chapter.
In addition to your digital version of Inside the Gulls, subscribers will also receive a printed glossy bookazine copy on completion of the series. Even if you subscribe later in the series, all previously published chapters will be available to enjoy.
• Signing up to Inside the Gulls will also benefit your club, with a percentage from every subscription donated to supporting the club as well as a specific Plainmoor project sponsored by Torbay Weekly.