Inside the Gulls: Sills, Fash, Warnock and Eunan
- Credit: Archant
After the launch of Inside the Gulls last week and the fantastic story of Neville Southall's legendary spell at Plainmoor, the next four chapters of this unique series will be online this weekend.
We start on Thursday with the little-known tale of Tim Sills playing through extraordinary pain to score on of the greatest goals in United history.
The Yellow Army fondly remember the sight of Sills soaring through the sky to confirm our Wembley win and the return to the Football League but, on any other day and in any other game, there is no way he would have been fit enough to complete the match.
History could have been very different.
On Friday, subscribers will be treated to the World According to Fash, featuring treasured stories from the memorable spell enjoyed by Justin Fashanu in the famous Yellow and Blue.
Neil Warnock is our focus on Saturday and the extraordinary tale of how a future Premier League manager would never have reached such glorious heights without a defining spell on the Plainmoor sidelines.
As Warnock says himself in this fascinating chapter, 'United Saved My Career'. There is also his recollections of an impromptu party after the glorious win at Carlisle.
- 1 Turning our season around
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 4 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 5 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 6 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 7 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete
We complete this set of four on Sunday by remembering the graceful talent of Eunan O'Kane, chatting to the popular Irishman about how his United years propelled him to the top, with thoughts from his former team-mates and United fans.
Inside the Gulls will be a downloadable series through www.torbayweekly.co.uk and just £9.99 to subscribe, which equates to just 25p per chapter.
In addition to your digital version of Inside the Gulls, subscribers will also receive a printed glossy bookazine copy on completion of the series. Even if you subscribe later in the series, all previously published chapters will be available to enjoy.
• Signing up to Inside the Gulls will also benefit your club, with a percentage from every subscription donated to supporting the club as well as a specific Plainmoor project sponsored by Torbay Weekly.