Ideal cup draw for the Gulls
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
A home tie they wanted, and a home tie they got - Torquay United will meet National League South side Havant & Waterlooville at Plainmoor in the Fourth Qualifying Round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday week, October 16.
Gary Johnson's Gulls will take on a Hawks side midway in the NLS at the moment, but full of threat under former Sutton United manager Paul Doswell.
Havant's squad is packed with experienced ex-EFL and National League players, like goalkeeper Ross Worner, ex-Torquay men Joe Oastler and Scott Rendell, Josh Passley, Alex Wall, Sam Magri, Oscar Gobern and Jamie Collins.
They reached the next round with a 3-2 home win over Billericay Town at the weekend.
Victory for the Gulls will earn them £9,375 in prizemoney, but they will have to settle for £3,125 if they lose.
The Southern section of the draw threw up at least one all NL Premier derby - Barnet will meet north London rivals Boreham Wood at The Hive.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Turning our season around
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners