Ideal cup draw for the Gulls
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
A home tie they wanted, and a home tie they got - Torquay United will meet National League South side Havant & Waterlooville at Plainmoor in the Fourth Qualifying Round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday week, October 16.
Gary Johnson's Gulls will take on a Hawks side midway in the NLS at the moment, but full of threat under former Sutton United manager Paul Doswell.
Havant's squad is packed with experienced ex-EFL and National League players, like goalkeeper Ross Worner, ex-Torquay men Joe Oastler and Scott Rendell, Josh Passley, Alex Wall, Sam Magri, Oscar Gobern and Jamie Collins.
They reached the next round with a 3-2 home win over Billericay Town at the weekend.
Victory for the Gulls will earn them £9,375 in prizemoney, but they will have to settle for £3,125 if they lose.
The Southern section of the draw threw up at least one all NL Premier derby - Barnet will meet north London rivals Boreham Wood at The Hive.
- 1 Cheers as former player Jim backs United
- 2 Dementia mini mental test - is it fit for purpose?
- 3 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 4 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 5 Motoring: Fondly looking back at 2021 with some surprising results
- 6 Paignton business expands team and offices to deliver tech offer
- 7 Bowls: Great quarter-final win for Torbay
- 8 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 9 In memory of our loving Emica
- 10 Buckland drawn away in the FA Vase