Guess the scores to win with Predicta
- Credit: Phil Mingo/PPAUK
The Torbay Weekly Predicta game launches this week and we have six fascinating fixtures for you to test your knowledge against our Chief Sports Writer Dave Thomas.
To play the Predicta, simply register on www.torbayweekly.co.uk and remember your login details for future weeks. Guess the right score on the games below and we will award three points for the correct score, one point for the correct result.
This week, we have four games from Torquay United’s National League and two from the Premier League. Please see Dave’s predictions below:
Chelsea 3-1 Crystal Palace
Leeds 0-2 Manchester City
Torquay 1-1 Stockport
King’s Lynn 1-2 Yeovil
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
Altrincham 2-0 Weymouth
Wealdstone 0-1 Chesterfield
There will be a weekly prize for the top scorer each week, starting with a meal for two at the Eastern Eye restaurant, and a tie-breaker question in the case of a tie. From December 1, a league table will be introduced with the top Predicta Player from the second half of the season picking up the top prize of £1,000.
How to Play:
Click sign up to take part on www.torbayweekly.co.uk and please note, your password must contain at least eight characters, an uppercase character, at least one number and at least one special character, such as ?, !, %, &.
To submit your scores, click the Make Prediction link in the top-right of the weekly table.
Your predictions must be submitted by 10am on the day of the fixtures to be included in the competition.
You will receive one point for a correct result or three points for a correct score, with a maximum of 18 points available each week.
You will also be asked to guess the total number of goals scored across all Saturday fixtures in the top five divisions in England. This will be used as tie-breaker to determine the finishing places in the weekly table.
Weekly prizes will be announced on the Torbay Weekly website. Whoever tops the all-time table at the end of the season will win £1,000 with the number of weekly wins used to determine a winner in case of a tie.